Slow Cooker Turmeric Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 cups or more (depending on the size of the slow cooker) of mixed fresh vegetables of your choice (eg cauliflower, carrots, spinach, sweet potato, zucchini, broccoli, celery and leaves mushrooms)
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp Meadow & Marrow Bone Broth Concentrate of your choice
- 1 tsp of Bragg Organic Herb and Spice Sprinkle
- 2 tsp of Wild Tassie Organic Kelp sprinkles
- 2 tsp Organic Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Organic Turmeric powder extra
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all vegetable into large pieces and place in the bottom of slow cooker. Slice onion set aside.
- Place oil into a large fry pan over medium heat. Once heated place drumsticks into pan and sprinkle with turmeric, salt and pepper on all sides and
- cook on all sides until brown, place on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- Cook onion in pan until tender, place on top of chicken.
- Turn pan off and add 1 cup of water, bone broth, kelp and Bragg sprinkles and the extra turmeric powder. Stir until combined pure over onions and chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and falling off the bone or slow for 6-8 hours.
Serve with rice or cauliflower and broccoli rice.