Monthly Herb Article
Herb Name: Fenugreek
Botanical name: Trigonella foenum-graecum
What ailments would benefit from it:
- Dyspepsia-indigestion problems like bloating, burping, belching, nausea
- Gastrointestinal inflammation, anorexia, convalescence
- Difficult lactation.
How does it works in the body:
- a substance that reduces the level of glucose in the blood
- improves the tone, vigour and function of the body, can boost energy
- a substance that increases breast milk
- a substance that reduces the cholesterol in the blood
- a substance that has soothing effects on mucous membranes within the respiratory and digestive tracts.
For boosting the milk production when breastfeeding, Diabetes mellitus to help manage insulin Digestive disorders.
In Classical Ayurveda texts – tonic and aphrodisiac, Dyspepsia, Colic, flatulence, Rheumatism, Enlarged liver or spleen, Chronic cough.
Always speak to your health care professional to advise if this herb is suitable for you.