BODY STRESS RELEASE
Body stress occurs when the body fails to adapt to an overload of stress and tension becomes stored in physical structures. The causes may be mechanical, mental/emotional or chemical factory.
ADVICE TO MINIMISE STRESS TO THE NECK
- Never sleep on your stomach, as lying with the neck twisted is harmful.
- If you sleep on your back use a soft pillow which you can mould to support the hollow of your neck.Do not use a thick pillow which would tilt the chin downwards.
- If you sleep on your side, double the pillow over to ensure that your head remains level and does not tilt towards your shoulder.
- Do not do neck exercises.They are not necessary and may stress the neck muscles.
- Each morning and evening and at any time when you may have stressed your neck (e.g. working with your head tilted down) take a few moments to check your neck for sensitive spots and ease them in the way your BSR practitioner has shown you.
- Beware of a backwash at the hairdresser - insist on having a rolled-up towel between your neck and the edge of the basin.