How are your Genetics affecting Your Health?
You are not your DNA however DNA Testing can provide great insight into personalising treatment strategies to improve your health.Because although you
may have certain polymorphisms in your genetics it does not mean they are switched on and by knowing your genetic profile you can avoid some of the
health problems that may be associated with them.
At The Healthy Guru, Nutritionist Ellen Agius provides personalised medicine looking at your genetics and epigenetics.Profiles that can be testi8ng to address key health concerns includes methylation, fertility, hormones, mood, detoxification and nutrigenomics.
What does this mean?
- Methylation Profile tests for genes that may influence metabolic pathways including MTHFR, folate and B12 metabolism, along with homocysteine.
- Hormone and Fertility Profile testing looks into oestrogen, progesterone, thyroid and luteinising hormone function.
- Mood profile looks at the production, function and metabolism of key neurotransmitters including dopamine, serotonin, histamine and BABA.
- Detoxification Profile looks at genetics associated with detoxification pathways, oxidative stress responses and cell oxygenation.
- And a Nutrigenomic Profile provides personalised nutrition advice based on metabolism of vitamins A, C, D and B12 as well as folate, glutathione and coenzyme Q10.
Epigenetics can be testing through a simple hair scan this looks at the other influences that are affecting your cell health such as environmental toxins, viruses, bacteria, EMF, radiation, nutrition etc.
Ring today and book an appointment with Ellen for a consultation and guidance on Genetic and Epigenetic testing that best suits you.