Diagnostic Muscle Testing
Diagnostic Muscle Testing
Is a practice that uses the technique of muscle testing to identify allergies, their root causes and potential treatments.
What are Allergies?
The term allergy may be used to describe the reaction produced by the body when it encounters something foreign. When an allergic reaction occurs, the body responds by producing antibodies and/or releasing specific chemicals called histamines. When released into the system, these histamines trigger an inflammatory response otherwise known as an allergic reaction. Common allergens include certain drugs, dusts, moulds, insect bites, plants and foods.
What is Diagnostic Muscle Testing?
It is a form of Kinesiology that blends the technique of muscle testing with principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine to assess body function and energy, as well establishing what is needed for the body to heal by identifying structural, chemical, energetic and emotional imbalances in the body.
Our Naturopath uses muscle testing as a natural biofeedback system by monitoring an indicator muscle that gives information via nerve pathways and the body/ brains meridian system. Through this, diagnostic muscle testing is able to sidestep conscious thinking patterns to pinpoint contributing factors to allergies on subconscious, etheric and physical body levels. The body is then able to clear itself of any unblocked energy that may be causing the allergies, and heal at its own pace.
How Does Diagnostic Muscle Testing Diagnose Allergies?
Diagnostic Muscle Testing may be used to detect allergies and sensitivities to a variety of substances including foods, dust mites, pollens, vaccinations and many medications. When exposed to an allergen, the theory is that the muscle will weaken to indicate an allergy.
How Does Diagnostic Muscle Testing Relieve Allergies?
Once the allergen has been identified, our Naturopath works to correct the identified energetic imbalance in the body (that may be causing the allergy), and in doing so also:
- Restores postural balance, correct gait impairment and improve range of motion;
- Reinstates normal nerve function;
- Returns the endocrine, immune, digestive, and other internal organ functions back to their normal functioning;
- Intervenes early in degenerative processes to prevent or delay allergies from developing or worsening.
Through muscle testing, our Naturopath will also be able to pinpoint which anti-allergy solutions may assist the individual's healing process.
this test takes 1 hour with our naturopath.
We also offer :
Naturopathic mineral testing
Naturopaths are trained to uses Various diagnostic tools within the consultations to understand the underlying cause of the presented symptoms. Different test and modalities can be used in each session to help with designing a plan for clients that incorporates supportive natural medicines and advice.
The following are some diagnostic tools and modalities that may be used during a consultation:
- Iridology - The iris reveals your body constitution, inherent weakness, level of health and the transitions that take place in your body according to the way you live. Iridology is the science of analyzing the delicate structures of the iris of your eyes and is the science and practice that reveals any inflammation, where it is located and in what stage it is manifesting.
- Zinc testing - It is estimated that 90% of the population is zinc deficient and zinc deficiencies are more common with men. You may want to test your zinc if; you have imbalanced hormones, maldigestion, prostate problems, low adrenal function, infertility problems, weak hair, skin or nails, white spots on the nails, very dry skin, low appetite, are interested in zinc as an antioxidant, are supplementing with zinc and want to make sure that you are on the appropriate dosage.
How the test is done
This taste test uses 10ml of liquid containing 10mg of zinc sulphate heptahydrate. This solution is held and swished around in the mouth for 10 seconds. The taste experienced by the person doing the test is based on the level of zinc in their taste buds. The taste will range from no taste (like water) to a strong bitter taste. If there is no taste swallow the liquid, as it is a good source of zinc. If the taste is unpleasant, spit it out as if swallowed the bitter taste will worsen.
- Blood pressure - A blood pressure test measures the pressure in your arteries as your heart pumps.
- PH testing - Saliva
- Mineral analysis - Skin, Nails and Tongue
Physical examination of these areas of the body a naturopath can determine any mineral deficiency.